Of a truth, March promises to be interesting times at the branch. The prophetic watch word is “Our month of marching into greatness; signs and wonders” and for a glorious manifestation of this prophetic word, we have been asked to connect to it. At March Power Must Change Hands Programme, the theme of the message that went forth was how to provoke the sound of your abundant rain. If we connect to the Assistant General Overseers message at the PMCH programme and the prophetic watchword for March, we find that the promise of the Lord is the same.
Subject to like passions
As an ordinary man, to provoke the sound of your abundant rain of blessings you must first of all become a supernatural man. Through prayer, Elijah became a supernatural man who prayed earnestly for it not to rain and it did not rain on the earth for 3 years and 6 months (James 5:17). With prayer, he was able to suspend natural laws, so prayer took him from the realm of the natural to the realm of the supernatural
God spoke to Elijah
Elijah had ears that could hear from God. God told Elijah he was going to send a mighty rainfall after the famine of over 3 years. God spoke to Elijah and he went on to prophetically declare with holy boldness and courage what the Lord had promised. (1 Kings 18:41-46)
Elijah heard a sound
Elijah’s sense of hearing was connected to the spirit realm. He heard with his ears the sound of abundant rain. The rain was not yet near, it was only a promise from the Lord yet Elijah heard its sound. After hearing with the ears of his spirit, he went on to do what he does best PRAY for the promised rain.
After praying, Elijah sent his servant to go and see if there was a sign of rain. Six times his servant went to check and each time he came back with a report that there was no rain. This did not discourage Elijah because his belief was in He who made the promise; The Almighty God in whom there is no shadow of turning. The seventh time, the servant came back with news of the expectation (1Kings 18:44). This time, the servant saw the manifestation of the sound Elijah had been hearing.
An Abundant Rain
Then the rain fell, there was no more famine, the dry ground became soaking wet all because the promise of the Lord had come to pass. Elijah held on to the promise, he prayed about it, he expected a manifestation, the promise took its time, but eventually it came to pass.
Marching into greatness, signs and wonders in this new month of March
- Sharpen your spiritual senses so that they can receive from the spirit realm. John 3:31 says ” He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all”.
- Exercise your faith by believing in the promises of the Lord. Hebrews 11:6 says “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him”.
- Do not be doubleminded by exhibiting doubts concerning the promises and the timing of the Lord. James 1:18 says “A person who has doubts is thinking about two different things at the same time and can’t make up his mind about anything”.
- Release the sound you have heard by activating the promises the Lord made to you concerning areas of your life.
- Be soaking wet by receiving and giving a testimony of the promised expectation
Elijah heard the sound of an abundance of rain. This March, listen with the ears of your spirit and hear the sound of your abundant rain. It’s so close I can hear it on your behalf.