In the spirit of Easter, today we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The new testament gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John record the story of the resurrection and it is a timeless story that will be told until Jesus comes back again to judge the world.
When Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome brought spices that they might come and anoint the dead body of Jesus Christ,they found that the stone at the door of the tomb had been rolled away and entering the tomb, they saw an angel who said to them “Do not be alarmed, you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you”.
After the crucifixion on the cross, His burial in the tomb, Jesus resurrected and went ahead into Galilee. Thus fulfilling the prophecy about Jesus. This Easter, after reading the story of the resurrection again in all the 4 books of the new testament, just like the angel asked Mary Magdalene in Luke 24:5 “why do you seek the living amongst the dead”? ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Looking in the wrong place?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Expecting the expected ?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Wondering where Jesus is?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? A woman who cares about the Messiah?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Thinking and asking why is the tomb empty?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Who sees the Lord’s angels?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Listening to the voice of heaven telling me where to find Jesus?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Telling anyone who will listen that Jesus is alive?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Refusing to be discouraged by the disbelief of others about the risen Christ?
- Am I like Mary Magdalene? Who Jesus has appeared to and is now alive in Christ?
The law of victory was practised on the day of resurrection. Victory over death, victory over sin, victory over wickedness, victory over darkness and victory over the world and Satan. Walk in that victory and confess it every day.
- Victory Confessions
I am what the word of God says I am. I am an express image of Jehovah on earth. I am fashioned after the likeness of the Creator of the heaven and the earth. I am regenerated by the blood of Jesus. I am ransomed from the powers of death and hell. I am blood washed. I am redeemed. I am justified by Christ. I am made to be the righteousness of God through Christ. I am a believer of the word of truth. I am born again. I am heaven-bound; my citizenship is in heaven. I am seated with Christ in heavenly places far above principalities and powers. I am a priest and a king ordained by Christ to rule here on earth. I am the fear and the dread of God against the kingdom of darkness. I am a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit of God. I am built up together and attached with other children of God into a holy habitation of God.
SOURCE: Prayer Rain by Dr D.K Olukoya