At women’s fellowship this April, we women are gathering together to pray for our marriage.
No matter the stage or level your marital relationship is in, it needs prayer and intercession to hold it together and keep it going.
The bible is a book of wisdom for all situations and it has quite a few verses on marriage and a happy home. We have selected 12 verses for your meditation and application. Enjoy!
- Always be honest. Proverbs 12:22. It develops and builds trust between you.
- Count your blessings. Psalm 34 1-3. This is because it could have been worse.
- Bear each others burdens. Galatians 6:2. Marriage is about encouraging each other
- Forgive and forget. Micah 7:18. So that your marriage will be better and not bitter.
- Be kind and tender-hearted. Ephesians 4:32. Marriage is not intended to be a war zone but a comfort zone.
- Comfort one another. 1Thesalonians 4:18. Tenderness and affection is found in comfort.
- Keep your promises. Romans 4:21. Broken promises speak volumes about your character and integrity.
- Be supportive of one another. Acts 20:25. The foundation of marriage is lifting the other person up and not tearing them apart
- Be true to each other. Rev 15:3. Sincerity and devotion strengthen your unity and bond.
- Look after each other. Deuteronomy 15:11. Always bear in mind that if you don’t, someone outside the marriage will.
- Treat each other like you treat your friends. Matthew 7:12. Showing our partner respect, friendliness and loyalty shows how much we value them.
- Love one another deeply from the heart. 1 Corinthians 13 1-13. Simply because love is the most excellent way.
Without a doubt, every marriage has its own challenges but so long as the woman of the house plays her part, holds on to Jesus and prayer she will be just fine.