What exactly is a hater?
A hater is someone who is jealous and envious of you. A hater spends all their time trying to make you look small so they can look tall. They are bitter people to say the least who are extremely threatened by the success of other people. When you make your mark, you will always attract haters because your success reminds them of their own failure. This is the reason why you must be careful when choosing your friends, who you share your blessings and your dreams with and those you draw close because some people simply can not handle you moving up in life. They would rather mourn with you instead of celebrating with you and they would rather say sorry to you instead of congratulating you.
How haters operate
Haters count other people’s blessings instead of their own so they always have an inferiority complex, greed, wickedness, a dark mind, envy, jealousy, covetousness and they enjoy mocking and scorning others in order to bring you down to their own level. It is dangerous to be surrounded by haters more so because they always pretend to be a friend. They come close just so they can monitor the progress of God in your life and then they strike to cut you down. Haters want what you have and want to be like you but it is dangerous to want to be like somebody else. If God wanted you to be like somebody else, he would have created you to be them.
Haters see your glory and want to cover it because it threatens them but the thing with haters is, they see your glory but they do not know your story. If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet that the water bill is higher there too. Everyone has a hater. There are people who are afraid of your glory , people who are sad because you have a relationship with God and they don’t, people who are intimidated because you light up a room when you walk in. Haters can’t stand to see you happy because their lives are miserable. Haters will never want to see you succeed, haters never want you to get the victory, haters want to be in your situation, they want to covet what rightfully belongs to you.
The undercover Haters
Most of our haters are people who supposed to be on our side. People who said they were our friends but turned out to be the opposite; our enemies. So how do you handle undercover haters?
- Ask the holy spirit to reveal to you who your real friends are. These are your trustworthy, reliable supporters who want to see you succeed in life
- Pray for your undercover haters to be exposed and revealed. When you are blessed or God shows you favour you can easily identify them because they will not be able to hide their envy and jealousy of your good fortune
- Command the fire of God to bring them into open shame and disgrace. For your safety and security it is better to know exactly what you are dealing with
- Have a purpose for your life. Purpose does not mean having a job. You can have a job and still be unfulfilled. A purpose is having a clear sense of what God has called you to be. Your purpose is not defined by what others think or say about you.
- Refuse every human manipulation in the form of emotional bullying. This usually happens after they have been exposed. They twist everything around and try to make it look like you go it wrong, it was a misunderstanding, a confusion or the act of the devil.
- Fortify yourself with the blood of Jesus and the fire of God. So that haters will no longer see you but who is in charge of you – The Almighty God.
Contributed by Mary Kormassah Larmah Bank of MFM Amsterdam