There is a powerful word in the bible made up of 9 letters of the alphabet. Jesus spoke the word Ephphatha which means be opened to a deaf and mute man in Mark 7:31-37 and immediately his ears were opened and his tongue was loosed. This was the opening scripture at the July Power Must Change Hands Programme where the AGO; Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan ministered. The message he delivered was an analysis of the spirit of wickedness and as we read the message, may our spiritual understanding be opened.
The origin of wickedness
Genesis 6:5 records what God saw when he looked at men on the earth. He saw the great wickedness of men and the intentions of the hearts of men which was evil all the time. This scripture indicates that wickedness is an act, an action, an intention and a thought which can be seen.
1 John 5:19 explains why wickedness exists. It exists and continues to exist because “the whole world is under the control of the evil one”.
Psalm 11: 2 reveals the wicked have instruments which they work with and who these instruments are targeted at. “The wicked bend their bows; they set their arrows against the strings to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart“.
Psalm 58:3 -5 shows that wickedness can take hold of a child from the womb so it is possible for a person to be born wicked.
Proverbs 11:8 tells the victory of God’s children over wickedness. “The righteous man is rescued from trouble, and it comes on the wicked instead”.
What is the spirit of wickedness?
It is an attitude, It is a character, It is a behaviour, It is a thought, It is cruel, It is unkind, It is a way of life, It is a nature, It is bad in every aspect, It has no emotion, It has no pity, It operates in a subtle and clever way, It is very deceitful, It can not be trusted, It promotes errors, It doesn’t look back.
Who is a wicked person?
Those who are sad and angry at the progress of others,those who cut you down and stop your promotion, those who would rather pull you down instead of rejoicing with you, those who disguise as kind and loving but are deadly; dangerous and cruel, those who are clever pretenders, those who are oppressors, those who are adversaries saying no to your advancement.
Characteristics of the spirit of wickedness and wicked people
They are evil, they have poisonous tongues, they have questionable anger, they tell lies, they attack church system and church authority, they are happy when there is confusion, they are proud, human life means nothing to them, they know the bible but it is to their own destruction, they are rumour starters and carriers, they fight openly, they love parties, they hate unity, they are devourers, they are experts at circulating themselves around Pastors, ministers and men of God, they have satanic boldness, they are loose sexually, they frown at anything that is holy, they take pleasure in people’s suffering.
A shocking revelation about wickedness
Jeremiah 5:26 exposes the fact that wickedness is found among God’s people. This implies wicked people can be found in the church. They are not there to be a part of the body of Christ, they are simply there to carry out the work of their father the devil. There is a mixed multitude among the people of God but by the spirit of discernment and prayer the wheat shall be separated from the chaff.
Are you a wicked person?
There is a need to perform a thorough self-examination on oneself before the above question can be answered. Some vital questions to ask yourself are: Do I show kindness?, Do I know the bible?, Can God trust me?, Am I proud?, Am I straightforward?, Is my heart not full of immoral thoughts?, What image do I have at work?, Do I bring glory or shame to God?. Afterwards repent, do what pleases the Lord, practise and show love and determine to be a genuine born again Christian.
The reward of wickedness
Psalm 141:10 acts as a reassurance for God’s children when it says “Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety”. This assurance is further strengthened by Proverbs 11:5 which declares ” The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness”.
Prayers to make the wickedness of the wicked go back to them
- Every good door shut against me by the enemy Ephphatha in Jesus name
- Fire judgement of God fall upon the adversary resisting me
- The stubborn Goliath at the entrance of my breakthrough I command you to fall down and die
- The arrow of shame, disgrace and poverty fired into my life I command you to backfire
- The wicked power rejoicing at my pain and my calamity you shall be disgraced in Jesus name
- The agenda of the wicked for my life I command you to backfire
- The wickedness of the wicked assigned against me I command you to fail in Jesus name
- The wickedness assigned against my life receive the blood of Jesus
- The wickedness of the wicked positioned against me I command you to go back to the sender
- The power assigned to disgrace me I command you to die
- The wicked power searching for my blood I command you to die
- The assembly of the wicked gathered against me receive fire and scatter
- The evil congregation working against me I command you to receive thunder
- The serpents and the scorpions of my foundation I command you to catch fire and burn to ashes
- Every chain of darkness holding me captive I command you to shatter to pieces
- My stolen glory – RETURN by fire
- The agenda of the wicked for me I command you to catch the wicked
The Power Must Change Hands Programme is a monthly programme that takes place on the first saturday of every month. The Assistant General Overseer; Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan ministers at each programme. Please click on the programme link for UK venues of the programme. Some MFM branches are also viewing centres where the programme can be viewed live from London every month. Contact the UK headquarters for information regarding UK viewing centres.