When I was a child, I believed in visions of angels and heaven. Thanks be to God that they both actually exist and manifest to believing hearts.
What is an angel?
- They are called forth out of nothing by the Almighty God.
- They are created by God without physical bodies.
- They are not to be worshiped. Rev19:10
- They existed before men.
- They are spirit beings.
- They are not limited by physical and natural conditions.
- They appear and disappear at will.
- They travel with unimaginable speed.
- They have the power to turn into human beings so their presence can be visible to men. Gen. 19:13
- There are different classes of angels and each class of angels has an order.
- They carry out definite messages for God.
- They are immortal.
- They cannot die.
- They are like resurrected saints. Luke 20:34-35
- They are very numerous. Heb 12:22-24
- There are an innumerable number of angels. Heb.12:22
- Their creator (God) is described as the Lord of Host.
- They are celestial beings.
- They were created to serve God and men.
Classification of Angels
According to 1Peter 3:22, Colosians1:16 and Ephesians 1: 20-21; angels are classified according to rank and activity.
1. The Angel of the Lord
- He has pardoning power to forgive.
- He can retain transgression.
- The name of God is in him. Exo.23:20-23
- He has the capacity to lead a group of people. Exo. 32:34
- His presence can go with people. Exo. 33:14
- He can give rest. Isa. 63:9
2. The Arc Angels
- Lucifer – The light bearer. Arch angel of the Father.
He was the head of the choir in the throne of God. He was so beautiful and efficient in service until iniquity was found in him and he rebelled against God. He eventually became Satan.
- Michael – The Warrior. Arch angel of the son.
He was a warrior archangel who fought and defeated the devil. He led the host of heaven that defeated the prince of Persia so Daniel could receive the answers to his prayers; he also appeared as the guardian angel of Israel in Daniel 12:1 as well as disputing with the devil about the body of Moses in Jude 1:9.
- Gabriel- The carrier of good news. Arch angel of the Holy Spirit.
He stands in the presence of God regularly and messages of high importance are usually handed over to him by God the Father (Luke 1:19, Daniel 8:16, Daniel 9:21).
3. The Elect angels
- These are the angels who stood with God during Satan’s rebellion. 1 Timothy 5:21
- Angels of the nations are guardian angels concerned with the welfare of nations. Daniel10:21
4. The Cherubims
- They are high ranking angels connected with God’s retributive purpose. Genesis 3:28
- They are also connected with redemptive purposes. Exodus 25:22
- They represent creativity and perfection.
- They minister with strength like the lion.
- They minister with high intelligence like men.
- They operate with high speed like the eagle.
- They render service like the ox.
5. The Seraphims
- Mentioned in Isaiah 6:2-4, they have burning love for God and mankind.
- They are very obedient.
- They fulfil their commission without question or hesitation. Psalm 103:20, Psalm 148:2, Hebrews 1:14
- They worship God reverently. Nehemiah 9:6, Hebrews 1:6, Philippians 2:9-11
- Their knowledge of the mysteries of Grace is limited. 1 Peter1:12
- They are wise.
- They are meek.
6. Personal guidance angels
- From Hebrews 1:14 which says, “Therefore, angels are only servants–spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation “every child of God has a personal guidance angel. They follow us wherever we go and watch us whatever we do. However, they will not do anything until you instruct them on what to do. So if you have not been making full use of your personal guidance angel, you need to start sending them on errand NOW!
The ministry of fallen angels
- Lucifer led the rebellion against God. Isaiah 14:12-15
- He used to be the most glorious of all angels.
- After rebelling, he became Satan.
- Satan and his cohorts rebelled against God and were sent out of heaven to become the rulers of the earth.
7 Things fallen angels are good at
- Maliciously hindering God’s purpose.
- Destroying God’s creation. Revelations 9:11
- Hating God and his creation.
- Bringing God’s best creation (Man) down. Revelations 12:9
- Releasing temptation to destroy and lead astray. Matthew 3:3
- Pride and setting themselves as prince and the god of this world. John 12:31, 2Corinthians 4:4
- Spreading slander. Genesis 3:2, Genesis 4-5
If you are a believer who is steadfast in the faith, you have the divine right to send your personal guidance angel on errand with the prayers below.
- The angel assigned to me from heaven, locate me in Jesus name.
- The angel attached to my life; begin to work for me in Jesus name.
- The angel that distributes good things, assign my portion to me in Jesus name.
- The angel of my destiny, visit me with the glory of the Father in Jesus name.
- The angel ordained for me, fight my battles in Jesus name.
- My divine angel, arise and repossess my occupied territories for me in Jesus name.
- My angel from heaven, receive power and begin to function as my supernatural escort and security in Jesus name.
Adapted from Lecture 20: The Ministry of Angels from the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Worldwide Bible Studies Series 18 titled “Divine Protection.”