Colossians 2:15 tells us exactly what Jesus did to the enemy “And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” Jesus came with a mission to spoil principalities and powers and on the cross, the mission of spoiling was totally accomplished.
What does it mean to spoil?
- To plunder
- To rob
- To take or cease by force
- To stop by violence
- To become bad and unfit for use
- To destroy character
- To harm severely
- To ruin
- To corrupt
- To make bad
- To decay and perish
- To render useless
- To injure
- Violence and aggression is required
Jeremiah 29:11 details the agenda and purpose of God for his children. It says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Others may be thinking different things about you, but the thoughts of God towards you are of good and not of evil. The agenda of God is peace and joy and the agenda of the enemy can be placed in 3 categories.
- In Genesis 1:26 God asked all his children to dominate. Satan however does not want God’s children to dominate; he wants them to be dominated.
- Matthew 26:24 reminds us that Jesus Christ went as it was written of him but the enemy does not want anyone to fulfil their destiny.
- The enemy wants you to end the journey of your life in the place of regret which is hell fire.
By the standard of heaven and the word of God, every child of God is designed to spoil the joy of their enemies. A careful study of Psalm 8:4 reveals every child of God has two crowns. The crown of glory and the crown of honour. These 2 crowns are symbols of authority and empowerment. In the days of the Apostles, their primary assignment was to spoil the joy of the enemy and they went about converting the enemy’s testimony into lamentation.
From the story of Paul, Silas and the girl possessed with the spirit of divination, 6 things are clear in the scripture Acts 16:16.
- Paul and Silas knew who they were. They were sure of their spiritual identity. They did not have an identity crisis.
- Paul and Silas love prayer. They were prayer warriors.
- Paul and Silas were united. Neither was claiming to be the boss or to be in charge.
- Paul and Silas could easily identify the spirit in the girl was not from God.
- The possessed girl was bringing in financial gain to satanic marketers.
There is an anointing that empowers God’s children to scatter and spoil the joy of the enemy. Whenever you discover you are not dominating but allowing others to dominate you, when you notice you are not fulfilling your destiny, when your life does not glorify God, it is time to spoil the joy of the enemy.
Fight back with fire prayers
- The joy of the enemy over my life, turn to sorrow in Jesus name.
- Any power that has vowed to waste my life, die in Jesus name.
- The power making me to walk contrary to my destiny, be disgraced in Jesus name.
- The power, spirit and personality that says I will not dominate, I command you to die and be buried in Jesus name.
- Every enemy of my increase, I command you to fail in Jesus name.
- Any power, spirit and personality playing games with my destiny, I command you to fall in Jesus name.
- I decree madness upon my oppressors in Jesus name.
- All those who live to destroy my name, receive open disgrace in Jesus name.
- Any power increasing my tears, be paralyzed in Jesus name.
- The bondage of divination over my life, break by fire in Jesus name.
- I throw back arrows of divination fired at me in Jesus name.
- I decree that I shall not submit to the operation of divination in Jesus name.
Join us at MFM Milton Keynes Branch to watch the July Power Must Change Hands Programme live on Saturday, 7th July.